Monday, February 11, 2013

2/11/2013

I haven't had internet all weekend!  It's been awful!  I had to tether my laptop to my phone to complete my homework in time to still make it to work on Friday.  No Netflix, and even worse... NO SIMPSON'S TAPPED OUT!!!!!  Turns out someone mowed over the wire for Century Link and cut it all to shreds.  My question was... shouldn't the wire we buried a little better?  Just a thought.  Everything is back to normal now, and the world feels right again.  How did I ever survive without the internet?

Well, Spring Break has started for some of the world, as has Mardi Gras at work, therefore this weekend was busy busy.  I've been spoiled by the slow standard I've been seeing since Halloween Horror Nights, which made me want to punch everyone in the face Saturday (maybe I shouldn't be saying that after the Applebee's situation.  What is someone I served sees this?  Well, if I've served you... I wanted to punch you.  Now it's out in the open and everything is ok).  I can't tell you how many times I heard the words, "why hasn't my name been called to sing yet?"  Well, there are hundreds of people in this building that also want to sing that have been waiting hours, and you just got here, get over it.  At one point we were at capacity, couldn't let anyone in, and had a line that stretched from my venue to Starbucks.  By the time next Saturday comes around, it will be the new norm to me and I suppose I won't be so annoyed. 

I got a new essay assignment in my enc class.  It's what I've sort of decided to do for a New Years resolution, which makes it kind of like a 13th month.  I know, I know, that's weird sounding, but it makes sense to me.  I'm really excited to see what my classmates choose as their topic just to kind of pick their brains as to what is normal to them.  It will be like an episode of Taboo, but in classroom form.  Yayy!

Well, I'm going to get back to what I need to finish school wise, and hopefully get it done quick so I can make my streusel crust muffins as one last woo-sa moment and fresh breakfast tomorrow to start my super busy week off (5 work days compared to 3, and the normal 7 days of homework, plus drafting a complaint for my case for the semester, and studying for a big exam, eek).

No comments:

Post a Comment